The Christchurch Adventist School was originally established in 1925 on its present site. The school officially opened on April 27, 1925. Miss Maude Smart was the first teacher and the school opened with a roll of 22. The school has continued to grow. To this day, Christchurch Adventist School continues to effectively guide and support students successfully through the schooling years of their education, at the same time caring for their social, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
Throughout its existence, Christchurch Adventist School has preserved a strong Christian focus. Established by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, its association with the church continues, providing solid governance and leadership. The Adventist school system has been operating for over a century and is now the largest Protestant education system in the world.